lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anshul jain" <anshulnirv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Payload
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:28:50 GMT
I want to give more weight to some terms in the document. Like title of the
book should be given more weight than the contents. And we are testing over
a wide varieties of lucene queries, with quotes, w/o quotes, phrase, span
etc.

As our system will be expecting more number of queries that contain nouns
and documents in which that term in heading or title or in bold should be
given higher score.

But this payload thing is not supporting us fully. As it is only working for
single term queries or boolean term queries. It would also be good if it
supports phrase queries also, as using closeness of terms for scoring is
quite important for us.

Do you've any suggestions?