lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "mahdi yari" <yarima...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to restore corrupted index
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:09:36 GMT
just one IndexWriter writes on Index and after a specific time(like one day
or one week etc), i create a new IndexWriter on new Directory and another
thread try to optimize old IndexWirter.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> Can you post the full traceback for your exception, and describe your
> indexing process as well?
>
> Mike
>

> mahdi yari wrote:
>
>  hi dears
>> i have same problem
>> i indexing on Ubuntu Linux Distro and i have large index (>30G) and
>> mergeFactor = 10,
>> my Lucene version is 2.2.0
>> i think this maybe bug on Lucene 2.2.0
>>
>> but i get this error sometimes, not always
>> thanks alot
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Chaula Ganatra <cganatra@asite.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I am again getting the following error while optimization.
>>>

>>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\machine01\indexes\_w5.cfs (The system
>>> cannot find the file specified)
>>> 16:20:57,533 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
>>> 16:20:57,533 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
>>> 16:20:57,533 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory$FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(FSDir
>>> ectory.java:506)
>>> 16:20:57,533 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory$FSIndexInput.<init>(FSDirectory.java
>>> :536)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java:445)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader.<init>(CompoundFileReader.jav
>>> a:70)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:181)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:167)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:139)
>>> 16:20:57,565 INFO  [STDOUT] : 140       at
>>> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:1867)