lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mindaugas Žakšauskas" <>
Subject Re: Runtime exception when creating IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:32:45 GMT

see my comments between Mike's text:

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Michael McCandless
<> wrote:
> Hmm, so somehow your stored fields file is truncated -- FieldsReader was
> unable to read the first int.
> Are you using compound file format in this index?

I'm not calling setUseCompoundFile deliberately, so I presume it uses
the default value (false, correct?).

> Do you have any idea how your index may have become corrupt?

I have tried to work out some basic tests but couldn't reproduce this
issue. It could be something related to not closing IndexWriter
properly, but I cannot confirm that with any unit tests.
Will definitely post anything useful here if I get to this point.

> Do you still have the original corrupt (not yet fixed) index?  If so can you
> zip it up & send to me?

No problem!

> For future reference, CheckIndex has a main() so you can just invoke it from
> the command line.
> Mike

Thanks a lot! Let me know if you need any other info.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message