lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mindaugas Žakšauskas" <min...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Runtime exception when creating IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:04:10 GMT
Hi Erick,

Sorry for not providing the context. The problem is that I couldn't
work out the exact test case for causing this - I will definitely post
one if I find. There's a possible cause for this but I don't want to
speculate as I don't know for sure.

Just to answer (some of) your questions, this error has nothing to do
with migration, closing, etc. and this only occurred on v2.4.0. As you
can probably see from the stack trace, I'm simply opening an
IndexSearcher. If anyone's interested, I can post compressed folder
with index files (3Mb uncompressed) which are causing trouble.

Currently, a very basic test on this folder fails with the same exception:

8<-------------------------------

public class Test {
 public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception {
    new IndexSearcher(
"/home/mindas/temp/luke/collection_32/checkedout_index" );
 }
}

My point of this post was - should the constructor ever throw this
exception? Can this not be gracefully swallowed and handled inside?

Regards,
Mindaugas