lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: distinct field values
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 03:15:08 GMT

: For example if I have 100 documents in my index and my set of tag = {A, B, C}.
: Query Q on the text field returns 15 docs with tag A , 10 with tag B and none
: with tag C (total of 25 hits). Is there a way to determine that the set of
: tags for query Q = {A, B} without iterating through all 25 hits.

what you are describing is is a subset of a rbaoder topic known as
"faceted searching" ... if you search the archives for that or "category
counts" you'll find quite a bit of discussion on the approaches that can
be used to ahieve this.

-Hoss