lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sudarsan, Sithu D." <Sithu.Sudar...@fda.hhs.gov>
Subject RE: I am not able to run Lucene 2.4 Demo
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:23:03 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Lucene2.3.2, and no problem so far with Windows.

One issue to look at would be, whether your Index directory has the permission to write.
Probably, your Index folder is Read_only.

Sincerely,
Sithu Sudarsan
Graduate Research Assistant, UALR
& Visiting Researcher, CDRH/OSEL

sithu.sudarsan@fda.hhs.gov
sdsudarsan@ualr.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: prabina pattanayak [mailto:prabina007@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:10 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org; java-user-owner@lucene.apache.org; Ganesh
Subject: Re: I am not able to run Lucene 2.4 Demo

what i observed is that it creates the index folder, but that is empty.
it should have one/two file named segments.gen and segments_x(any no.) .
but these two files are not being created inside the index folder.
that's why it is throwing the exception message:
no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@E:\prabina\lucene-2.4demo\index:
files :

Regards,
Prabina