lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Merge index will maintain index order
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:34:47 GMT

By merge you mean using addIndexes*, right?

Those methods logically concatenate the indices in order by doc ID.
So the original docs in your index will keep all their docIDs, and the
newly added indices are assigned docIDs after that, in the order they
were added.

So the final index will only be chronologically ordered by doc ID only
if the indexes you added were all ordered chronologically by docID,
and after all docs in the original index.

Mike