lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is lucene right for us
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:53:51 GMT
Lucene should work quite well for this, you'll just need some
infrastructure around it to get the file and extract the contents (see
Lucene's Tika project).  And, yes, Lucene is thread-safe, so you can
index safely as you describe.

On Oct 11, 2008, at 10:22 AM, Mag Gam wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> At my university we have over 20,000 small file ranging from 20k to
> 500k per directory and we would like to index them. I was wondering if
> Lucene is the right tool for this? The information we would like to
> keep is: filename, filesize, filedate, filecontent. Also, is it
> possible to run the initial index in multithreaded mode since we are
> talking about many directories with similar contents?
>
> TIA

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene Boot Camp Training Nov. 3-4, 2008, ApacheCon US New Orleans.
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: