lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jimi HullegÄrd <jimi.hulleg...@mogul.com>
Subject RE: Calculation of fieldNorm causes irritating effect of sort order
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:47:20 GMT
Erik wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2008, at 7:39 AM, Jimi HullegÄrd wrote:
> > Is it possible to disable the lengthNorm calculation for particular
> > fields?
>
> Yes, use Field#setOmitNorms(true) when indexing.

Ok, thanks. I will just have to look on how to do this the best way (since the CMS is handling
most of the indexing stuff).

But apparently this setOmitNorms(true) also disables boosting aswell. That is ok for now,
but what if we want to use boosting in the future? Is there no way to disable the length normalization
while still keeping the boost calculation?

/Jimi