lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to search in metadata? (filename, document title, cocument creator, ...)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:32:23 GMT

On Oct 20, 2008, at 5:07 PM, mil84 wrote:

> thx :) There was also another problem with filename (because I
> indexed full
> path, not only name). But I fixed it, and now it finally works.
>
> Last question - how to get number of hits in every document (not
> only global
> number of hits)? Best would be a simple example, if possible...

You'll have to use SpanQuery and it's derivatives for that.  See the
javadocs and/or search the archives of the mailing list.  I don't have
any examples handy, but I believe I did a talk on Span Queries a few
years back at ApacheCon.

> --

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene Boot Camp Training Nov. 3-4, 2008, ApacheCon US New Orleans.
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: