lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Payload
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:48:21 GMT

On Oct 30, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Anshul jain wrote:

> I want to give more weight to some terms in the document. Like title
> of the
> book should be given more weight than the contents. And we are
> testing over
> a wide varieties of lucene queries, with quotes, w/o quotes, phrase,
> span
> etc.

If the whole title is important, just boost the Title field.

> As our system will be expecting more number of queries that contain
> nouns
> and documents in which that term in heading or title or in bold
> should be
> given higher score.
>
> But this payload thing is not supporting us fully. As it is only
> working for
> single term queries or boolean term queries. It would also be good
> if it
> supports phrase queries also, as using closeness of terms for
> scoring is
> quite important for us.
>
> Do you've any suggestions?

Could you get by using just field boosts?

As for phrase payload queries, I agree they would be nice to have.
Only way they are getting in is if someone donates a patch.  I can
review it if you can produce it, but don't have time at the moment to
produce it.

-Grant