lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "José Ramón Pérez Agüera" <jose.agu...@gmail.com>
Subject Query Expansion Module for Lucene based on BM25 ranking function
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:14:16 GMT
Hello,

We have implemented a research module for lucene using BM25 and our
structured version of BM25 as ranking functions and a couple of
state-of-art query expansion algoritms.

This implementation is quite different to other query expansion
modules for Lucene that are available in the web.

We have used this implementation in CLEF 2008 Robust WSD track
http://ixa2.si.ehu.es/clirwsd/ with very good results. The code and
other technical and scientific details can be accessed here:

http://grasia.fdi.ucm.es/jose/query-expansion

This is an alpha0.0.never.used.before.by.anyone version, we will work
on it in the following months to make it easier to use.

Please do not hesitate to send comments, questions and/or complaints
to the authors.

jose

--
José Ramón Pérez Agüera

Dept. de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial
Despacho 411 tlf. 913947599
Facultad de Informática
Universidad Complutense de Madrid