lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Edwin Lee <edwin11_1...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject Re: ClassCastException when writing to index writer
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 06:21:40 GMT
i think, very likely, you have another copy of java.util.Vector loaded, and
this one tries to be too clever with its implementation of clone (instantiate a
new Vector instance) instead of delegating to its super class (Object).

HTH,
Edwin

--- Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> :        SegmentInfos sis = (SegmentInfos) super.clone();
>
> : We see that it is trying to cast a Vector into SegmentInfos which explains
> : the ClassCastException.  This is definitely a bug.
>
> I'm really not sure how you could be getting that ClassCastException
> unless there's a really horrific bug in the JRE you are using.
>
> You'll see this in just about every (non-trivial) use of super.clone() ...

      Yahoo! Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist.Download it now!
http://sg.toolbar.yahoo.com/