lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching sets of documents
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 05:16:38 GMT
Hi Spring,

If I got your question correctly, you want to search for Folders/Docs
depending on the condition, right!
Why don't you index the folder name as well and so you could fire a query
saying
Folder:A and (TEXT:x and TEXT:y)
So here the search would run only on folder A for the keywords.

In case you only want to search for docs in folder A you could run a search
only on the indexed 'Folder' field. i.e. Folder:A

Hope this solves the problem.
--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!