lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distinct field values
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 04:32:13 GMT
You could go through this implementation. Have been using this (improvised)
for a while now. There might be better ways to do so too. so you could
check!

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/35704?search_string=categorycounts;#35704
--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Akanksha Baid <baid@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Is there something I could do to Index the documents differently to
> accomplish this? Currently I am looking at all the hits to generate the set
> of tags for the query.
> If I need to implement the same thing within Lucene, I am not sure if I
> will gain anything performance wise. Or am I wrong about this?
>

> Anshum wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You could try changing (or extending) TopFieldDocCollector and do your
>> processing there (that is what I tried... and it worked fine). But that
>> would mean changing lucene code a little bit.
>>
>> --
>> Anshum Gupta
>> Naukri Labs!
>> http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com
>>
>> The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The
>> distinction is yours to draw............
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Akanksha Baid <baid@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>>
>>  I have indexed multiple documents - each of them have 3 fields ( id, tag
>>> ,
>>> text). Is there an easy way to determine the set of tags for a given
>>> query
>>> without iterating through all the hits?
>>> For example if I have 100 documents in my index and my set of tag = {A,
>>> B,
>>> C}. Query Q on the text field returns 15 docs with tag A , 10 with tag B