lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single searcher vs Multi Searcher
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:18:57 GMT
Hi Ganesh,

I have experimented with sharded indexes and they seem to benefit me(atleast
in my case). I would like to know a few things before I answer your
question:
1. Do you have a reasonable criteria ( a calculated one) to shard the
2. How do you plan to split the index? Is it going to be document based
(which I guess it should be as otherwise you would have to build a complete
distributed system)
3. Do you plan to put your indexes on the RAM or on (physically) seperate
HDDs?

Though all said and done, sharded indexes are a good approach, if done the
right way.
--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!