lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aditi Goyal" <aditigupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Document larger than setRAMBufferSizeMB()
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 08:26:31 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have an index which I am opening at one time only. I keep adding the
documents to it until I reach a limit of 500.
After this, I close the index and open it again. (This is done in order to
save time taken by opening and closing the index)
Also, I have set setRAMBufferSizeMB to 16MB.

If the document size itself is greater than 16MB what will happen in this
case??
It is throwing
Now, my query is,
Can we change something in the way we parse/index to make it more memory
friendly so that it doesnt throw this exception.
And, Can it be caught and overcome gracefully?

Thanks a lot
Aditi