lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Reetha Hariharan" <reethah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Question - Lucene Sorting NOT Ignoring NULL values
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:55:11 GMT
Hi Yonik,

Thanks for your reply.

In my case I don't want those document that has Null value for the field
that I am willing to sort

I tried writing my own filter using RangeFilter, but it doesn't work.

I used something like the following in my custom filter.

public class NotNullRangeFilter extends org.apache.lucene.search.Filter {
    private RangeFilter rangeFilter;
    public BitSet bits(IndexReader reader) throws IOException {
        rangeFilter = RangeFilter.More("lastUpdatedDate"/*Field to sort*/,
"" /*atleast an empty string but not null*/);
        return rangeFilter.bits(reader);
    }
}

The above does not work. Let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Any inputs on this ?

Thanks,