lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Reetha Hariharan" <reethah...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie Question - Lucene Sorting NOT Ignoring NULL values
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:35:23 GMT
Hi,

I am a newbie.

I just configured lucene using hibernate search. But I find that the sorting
doesn't ignore null values.

I am searching using one field, say X and want to sort the results using
another, say Y (Which can have null values). But I am expecting Sort to
ignore all the null values and just sort only records that has values in Y
field.

How can I achieve this. Is there anywhere I can set the flag in SortField
that specifies it to ignore all the null values ?

Please help.

Thanks
Reetha.