lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Khawaja Shams" <kssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing Index Reader
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 02:35:32 GMT
Hello,  I am using the reopen method in the IndexReader class. In the case
of the IndexReader being updated, I would like to create a new IndexSearcher
and close the old IndexReader. When closing an instance of IndexReader, do I
have to wait for currently executing searches (through an IndexSearcher with
this instance of the IndexReader)  to complete? The javadoc states that I
should not invoke any method on the reader after the close is called, but I
am curious about the state of the searches that are using the reader when
the close is called.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the question and on my approach.

Thanks!