lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Khawaja Shams" <kssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Detecting why a collection of documents matched a query
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:50:27 GMT
Hello,  I noticed that indexSearcher.explain() method is not supposed to be
run for a large collection of documents, so I am looking for an alternative
that just explains why a document matched without all the scoring
information. Basically, I would like to know which field of the document was
responsible for getting it included in the results so I can give users some
indication of what matched. We present the results 100 documents at a time.
I would appreciate any ideas or directions towards implementation.

Thanks!