lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "bruce" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Hiring etiquette
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:28:21 GMT
as someone who's posted, and replied to other project requests on other
sites, if you're not apamming... then i'd say go ahead!!

in this day/time, when you don't know if your job is safe next week, who's
really going to frown upon a potentially serious project/offer...

just be cool on the spamming aspect, and you should be ok!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Miller [mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:18 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hiring etiquette

Richard Marr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a mailing-list-appropriate way to hire coders with Lucene
> experience? I don't want to just spam the list because I don't want to
> crap where I live. I'm a programmer not a recruiter if that makes any
> difference.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich

Generally, people just throw out the request to the list and no one
really complains, but I do think its frowned upon. I'm sure someone else
can give the 'official' stance (since we are not a job board/list I
assume its against).

You might instead limit your email to those that have agreed to be
contacted at http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Support

- Mark