lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Luke is coming .. not there yet.
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:52:33 GMT
>>Regretfully, I'm a terrible Swing programmer

I know you've raised this before, - I wasn't prompting you to do the work :)

I did make some promising in-roads into a GWT web-based version which was Apache-license friendly
but ultimately I didn't want to bring in a build-time dependency on the 10Mb Google GWT compiler.
That seemed too cumbersome to add to the Lucene packaging.
Swing is probably the way to go but like a lot of people here I have limited time - maybe
a Summer of Code project would help get this laid to rest?

Cheers
Mark