lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retrieving Top Terms for a subset of the index (or for all results of a query)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:38:51 GMT
How large of a subset are you talking?

You might look at the FitleredTermEnum class, but you will probably
have to do some work on it to extend it to what you want

If you are talking a smallish subset (say, at most a couple hundred
docs), then you could store Term Vectors and use the TermVectorMapper,
I suspect.

HTH,
Grant

On Oct 11, 2008, at 6:36 AM, Aleksander M. Stensby wrote:

> Hello everyone. I've been fiddeling with the idea of retrieving the
> top terms from a subset of the index (i.e. top terms from the
> documents retrieved by a given search). This could for instance be
> useful to identify top ranking terms in a given datespan etc.
>
> It would be something like getting the top 50 terms (like you can do
> with luke) but instead of doing it for the full index, I would like
> to do the same procedure after applying a filter or a query. Don't
> know if this is a bad explaination or wheter it makes any sense at
> all...
>
> So, I really want to avoid iterating over all results (obviously),
> so my question is really if there is a prefered approach for doing
> such analysis / has this been done in a good way before?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Best regards,
> Aleksander
>
> --
> Aleksander M. Stensby
> Senior Software Developer
> Integrasco A/S
> +47 41 22 82 72
> aleksander.stensby@integrasco.no

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene Boot Camp Training Nov. 3-4, 2008, ApacheCon US New Orleans.
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: