lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kalani Ruwanpathirana" <>
Subject Using JdbcDirectory
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:01:18 GMT

I am using the Compass implementation of Lucene's JdbcDirectory interface,
to create the index in a database.

Currently I am using RAMDirectory to act in the middle to get some buffering
support to reduce the performance hit. Am I doing anything unnecessary here?
Somewhere I saw that JdbcDirectory itself supports some buffering. If so I
think I can keep the RAMDirectory away  and just continue with
Is it possible and reasonable? Can anyone give any idea please?

Thanks in advance,

Kalani Ruwanpathirana
University of Moratuwa