lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query Expansion Module for Lucene based on BM25 ranking function
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:16:00 GMT
Hi José,

Can you explain your approach to implementing?  I'm curious how you
incorporated in the avg. doc length.  Also, have you followed any of
the flexible indexing discussions?

Finally, what's the license on this code?

Thanks,
Grant

On Oct 21, 2008, at 10:14 AM, José Ramón Pérez Agüera wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have implemented a research module for lucene using BM25 and our
> structured version of BM25 as ranking functions and a couple of
> state-of-art query expansion algoritms.
>
> This implementation is quite different to other query expansion
> modules for Lucene that are available in the web.
>
> We have used this implementation in CLEF 2008 Robust WSD track
> http://ixa2.si.ehu.es/clirwsd/ with very good results. The code and
> other technical and scientific details can be accessed here:
>
> http://grasia.fdi.ucm.es/jose/query-expansion
>
> This is an alpha0.0.never.used.before.by.anyone version, we will work
> on it in the following months to make it easier to use.
>
> Please do not hesitate to send comments, questions and/or complaints
> to the authors.
>
> jose
>
> --
> José Ramón Pérez Agüera
>
> Dept. de Ingeniería del Software e Inteligencia Artificial
> Despacho 411 tlf. 913947599
> Facultad de Informática
> Universidad Complutense de Madrid

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene Boot Camp Training Nov. 3-4, 2008, ApacheCon US New Orleans.
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: