lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Luke is coming .. not there yet.
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:21:40 GMT
mark harwood wrote:
>>> Regretfully, I'm a terrible Swing programmer
>
> I know you've raised this before, - I wasn't prompting you to do the work :)
>
> I did make some promising in-roads into a GWT web-based version which was Apache-license
friendly but ultimately I didn't want to bring in a build-time dependency on the 10Mb Google
GWT compiler. That seemed too cumbersome to add to the Lucene packaging.
> Swing is probably the way to go but like a lot of people here I have limited time - maybe
a Summer of Code project would help get this laid to rest?

That's a nice idea - we can include this in the proposals for the next
summer.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><