lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Luke is coming .. not there yet.
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:06:02 GMT
Hi all,

Many people ask me when the next version of Luke becomes available. It's
almost ready, and the release should happen in about a week, depending
on the situation in my daily job.

I'd like to ask the Lucene user community what version of Lucene would
be preferable to include in this Luke release:

1) Luke 2.4 release. This has the advantage of being an official stable
release, with a well-defined functionality. The disadvantage is that you
will miss some new features available in 2.9 (current trunk) for a long
time to come, at least until the next Lucene release.

2) Luke 2.9-dev snapshot. This has the advantage that you get the
cutting-edge features, and it's easier to update Luke to the most recent
version of Lucene. However, it means that any modifications to existing
indexes (such as e.g. deleting a doc, or optimizing an index) will
promote the index to a new format, incompatible with earlier versions of
Lucene (including 2.4 release).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><