lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jed Wesley-Smith <...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: IllegalStateEx thrown when calling close
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:55:59 GMT
Yeah, I saw the change to flush(). Trying to work out the correct
strategy for our IndexWriter handling now. We probably should not be
using autocommit for our writers.

It was brought up by others that the OutOfMemoryError handling
requirements are a fairly strong part of the contract now - but aren't
documented. Do you think the last paragraph below should be incorporated
into the class JavaDoc?

cheers,
jed.