lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gary Moore <g...@littlebunch.com>
Subject Re: 2.3.2 Indexing Performance
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 19:32:02 GMT
Finally got back to this.  The great bulk of the time is spent
parsing/tokenizing.  So, using 10 threads parsing/analyzing the 4.5M
docs and feeding them to an IndexWriter took 106 minutes including a
final optimization.   The index is 5.6 GB.   I'm tempted to try multiple
indexing threads but my guess is it won't buy that much since the async
writer more than kept up with the thread queue.

Now, I'm even more impressed with 2.3!
-Gary