lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Payload
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:08:02 GMT
Not directly, I don't think.  Mark Miller contributed some
highlighting code that converts phrase queries to SpanNearQueries, I
believe, but this isn't general purpose.    We probably need a
QueryParser that produces SpanQueries instead of regular Queries, I
suppose, but they aren't always 1-1.  Ideally, there would be no perf.
penalty for SpanQueries and everything would be a span query, but
until someone figures out that magic, I don't know.

What is it that you are trying to do?

-Grant