lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to restore corrupted index
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:54:17 GMT

You should run CheckIndex to quickly get back to a usable index, but
it will remove any segments that have problems loading.

But... I'd like to get to the root cause here.

It looks like this is Lucene 2.2.0.

Somehow the file _w5.cfs is entirely missing.

Can you describe how your indexing process works?  Do you copy your
index after using IndexWriter?

Is it at all possible two IndexWriters are in use against the same
directory?  Can multiple machines do indexing against this directory?
(It looks like (since you're using a UNC path) you have an IndexWriter
open on a remote computer's directory.)

Mike