lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multisearcher will maintain index order sorting?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:48:42 GMT
You say the timestamp sort is taking lots of RAM, which leads
me to ask "what resolution are you using and do you need
that great a resolution"?

As I understand it, sorting is sensitive to the number of unique
terms, so if you're storing millisecond timestamps you have a
whole lot more terms than if you store, say, minute resolution.
So one possibility would be to use a coarser resolution than
you are now, if you app can.

Best
Erick