lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No hits for longer search strings
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:39:38 GMT
query.toSting() is your friend, as is Luke's explain tab. I'd strongly
recommend that you try those, because I suspect that you're not
quite getting the search string you think.

That said, why use StandardAnalyzer for this? I'd recommend
KeywordAnalyzer instead (but watch the case).

The wildcard should be unnecessary since you're going for
exact matching.

But that query really seems like it should work. Could you post
your index and search code for this?

You can also use Luke to search your index, I'd really recommend
you try that too.

Best
Erick

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Chris Mannion <chris.mannion@nonstopgov.com