lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Sorting Based on Input Value
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:20:41 GMT
I don' know how tight your result must be, but here's a couple
of ideas....

1> you could boost your target by a huge amount, although forming
your query might be "interesting". If you somehow worked the clause
fieldA:5^10000 say. I suspect that some of your results wouldn't be on
top, but it might be "close enough".

2> you could do something with FieldSortedHitQueue

3> maybe you could provide a custom sorter by using
SortComparator, although you should look at the warnings
in the API.

Now I'll wait for Hoss to say "Isn't that what XXX provides" <G>...

Best
Erick