lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "prabin meitei" <prabin.mei...@gmail.com>
Subject using list of items to be excluded while querying
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:44:53 GMT
Hi,     I have a large index of documents of fields "id" "name" and few
other.
while querying i do want to exclude a list of ids i passed in.

for this what i use is
Query query = new BooleanQuery();

 for (int i=0; i<list.size(); i++){

                term = new Term("id", list.get(i).toString());

                termQuery = new TermQuery(term);

                query.add(termQuery, Occur.MUST_NOT);

            }

the problem with this is that when my list size grows larger (more than
1024) it gives tooManyBooleanCauses exception.

i tried by changing the query to

query.add(new QueryParser("id", new StandardAnalyzer()).parse(list.toString()),
Occur.MUST_NOT);

this also gives the same problem when list size is big.

I do not want to increase the max clause limit ('coz of performance issues)

Is there any simple solution to such problem?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Prabin