lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool The Breezer <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with updating Index continuously
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:19:52 GMT
Hi,
   I have requirement of updating search index and it results in creation of lots of index
files as well as size is also getting increased. I create index writer with autocommit true
and create false

directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDir);
docWriter = new IndexWriter(directory, true, analyzer, false);

The index gets updated in specified period of time. At the end of update, I use following
methods to refresh it

IndexReader newReader =  reader.reopen();
//Old reader is updated
reader = newReader;

However above steps resulted in creating lots of files.

 segments.gen
 segments_c5
 _4t.cfs
 _5i.cfs
 _5v.cfs
 _5w.cfs

And also lots of duplicate entries keep of increasing. In order to avoid duplicate, I have
developed a customized method to remove duplicates in index. However still number and size
of index gets increased, though actual update is very few.

Appreciate your help on this.

regards,
RB