lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool The Breezer <>
Subject Problem with updating Index continuously
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 06:19:52 GMT
   I have requirement of updating search index and it results in creation of lots of index
files as well as size is also getting increased. I create index writer with autocommit true
and create false

directory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDir);
docWriter = new IndexWriter(directory, true, analyzer, false);

The index gets updated in specified period of time. At the end of update, I use following
methods to refresh it

IndexReader newReader =  reader.reopen();
//Old reader is updated
reader = newReader;

However above steps resulted in creating lots of files.

And also lots of duplicate entries keep of increasing. In order to avoid duplicate, I have
developed a customized method to remove duplicates in index. However still number and size
of index gets increased, though actual update is very few.

Appreciate your help on this.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: