lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Asbjørn A. Fellinghaug <asbj...@fellinghaug.com>
Subject Re: wizard for search in Lucene
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:49:26 GMT
Albert Juhe:

> Hi,
>
> I want to make a wizard that can help to find n-grams terms.
> For example:
> If i want to search History, after write it the system propose you the
> following searches:
> history europe
> history spain
> history .....
> Consulting the terms indexed.
>
> Does it exits in Lucene?

Hi.

I interpret your question in such a way that you want autocompletion in
your search system? In that case, I believe there are some Analyzer's
which does this in the 'contrib' package. Also, I've created an Analyzer
which creates "bigrams" (n-gram of size 2) in my master thesis.
Feel free to download it from this page:
http://asbjorn.fellinghaug.com/blog/2008/08/the-code-for-my-master-thesis/

Also, have a look at the package org.apache.lucene.analysis.ngram:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_2/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ngram/package-summary.html

--
Asbjørn A. Fellinghaug
asbjorn@fellinghaug.com