lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From excitingComm2 <luc...@mt2009.com>
Subject Access Scoring Values of Lucene for Post-Processing
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:15:21 GMT

Hi everybody,

I am using Lucene for searching items in a online shop. E.g. I search the
shop for "shirt" I get a resultset from lucene. Now I want to improve the
sort order by calculating the lucene score with my business data, e.g. sales
or margin. Is there any possibility to get the scoring value of lucene, so
that I can put it into my own formula and re-sort the products?

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apache/lucene/search/Hit.html
The method getScore() sounds great, but is unfortunately marked as
deprecated.

Regards,
ExComm2