lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <math...@snyltarna.se>
Subject Re: Advise for Mediabase with Lucene
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 01:11:22 GMT

I don't know if this is going to work.

Let's say I have a root folder that is the startpoint for a client.
The only thing I have in the database is the startPoint

When traversing the child folders I want to check If the folder has changed
since the last time.Can I store this in a lucene index, and How do I compare
the folder with the index? The same is of course true for files.

Check if the file is new( Extract content and add to index )
check if the file is altered ( Extract content and add to index )
how do I check if a file is deleted?

Let's say I want to create thumbnails for a file but the Thumbnail server
takes some time to finish so I would need to get the exact document via a
search. There are many questions and before convincing my boss to use Lucene
I must have those questions answered.

I guess some playing around with lucene should answer some of them.