lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access Scoring Values of Lucene for Post-Processing
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:40:02 GMT
Have a look at the o.a.lucene.search.function package and the
ValueSourceQuery.  You will probably be able to factor in those pieces
during scoring, so no need to resort at all.

-Grant

On Oct 8, 2008, at 11:15 AM, excitingComm2 wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am using Lucene for searching items in a online shop. E.g. I
> search the
> shop for "shirt" I get a resultset from lucene. Now I want to
> improve the
> sort order by calculating the lucene score with my business data,
> e.g. sales
> or margin. Is there any possibility to get the scoring value of
> lucene, so
> that I can put it into my own formula and re-sort the products?
>
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apache/lucene/search/Hit.html
> The method getScore() sounds great, but is unfortunately marked as
> deprecated.
>
> Regards,
> ExComm2
> --

Grant Ingersoll
Lucene Boot Camp Training Nov. 3-4, 2008, ApacheCon US New Orleans.
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: