lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <>
Subject Re: I am not able to run Lucene 2.4 Demo
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:35:24 GMT
Hello prabina,

I worked fine in windows. Could you provide the details of exception and
also the System.out messages printed by the application.

Index folder will be created in the current directory. When you execute java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles <root directory>, the list of files
available in the root directory will get indexed. In your case it is

I have tried the following and it worked.
D:\Program Files\lucene-2.4.0>java -cp
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles "D:\Program Files\lucene-2.4.0\src"

----- Original Message -----
From: "prabina pattanayak" <>
To: <>; <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:42 AM
Subject: I am not able to run Lucene 2.4 Demo

Hi All,
i am a beginner to Lucene.
and i am trying to use Lucene 2.4.
when i have set lucene-core-2.4.0.jar & lucene-demos-2.4.0.jar in my
CLASSPATH. and trying to run:
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles E:\prabina\lucene-2.4demo\src
it shows the error:
caught a class
with message: no segments* file found in\prabina\lucene-2.4demo\index: files:
but it creates the index folder in my current directory. but the index
folder is empty. no segments files are there.

plz, help me out from this problem ASAP.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message