lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Spawn an indexing thread on every update
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:06:00 GMT
I guess similar problems have been discussed on the list over and over again.
Why don't you use a single update thread which takes care of batch
processing, commit threshold or performs commits after a certain time
span.
This would at least prevent you from spawning all the threads which
is, as far as I can tell not necessary.
Your update thread could also notify you searcher to reopen the index
as soon as a change or a batch was commited.
If you are looking for examples you might find some good examples in
the Solr code.

- simon