lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Memory Leak
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:56:32 GMT
If you are looking for a reasonable performance you should not close
your IndexSearcher if not necessary. It is actually best practice to
leave an IndexSearcher instance open an even share it between threads
/ requests of your webapplication. The searcher will not pollute your
memory. Just keep the searcher open to utilize the lucene internals
like caches and reopen the searcher only if really required this will
most likely give you the best performance.

regards simon