lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From beer...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Help in searching mutliple indices
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2008 01:38:24 GMT
The main reason behind having one index per table is that the tables
grow to be very big and we want to keep updating the index as the
table gets modified (may be at specified intervals). So, if table A
changes (row modified, added or deleted) we want this change to be
reflected in the index and we want this change to be localized for
that index.

Task I am trying to achieve, is to have my application search enabled.
Tables represent model elements like User, Community, Blog etc etc.
When I search for something, say 'foobar', I need to return all the
elements (user, community, blog etc etc) which match the criteria. For
this purpose, I need to search in all indices. You are completely
right about scoring between searches losing relevance. Thats why I am
trying to get de-normalized scores and do the merge of search results
based on that raw-score. Is there any glaringly wrong in the approach?

Thanks,
Beerbal