lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Number to printable sortable string, including floating point numbers and negatives
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:18:42 GMT

: > NumberTools only has methods for longs at the moment, but the same
: > doubleToRawLongBits logic from NumberUtils could be usedto apply it to
: > doubles as well.
:
: Ah, no I have never looked at the NumberTools class, simply because I
: had no idea it existed. Thanks for the tip! It looks just about right
: for me.

If you enhance it to support doubles, write a few tests, and attach it to
a new Jira i'm fairly confident someone will commit your additions.

-Hoss