lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Beginner: Specific indexing
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:43:47 GMT
I may be missunderstanding your question, but i wouldn't attempt to tackle
this with a TokenFilter unless you want both the "tag" and the numbers to
appear in the same field.  i think what you want to do is first parse
whatever file format you are dealing with, then build Documents based on
the individual Fields.

a TokenFilter comes into play when you are Analyzing individual Field
values.

but since i have very little understanding of your problem, and what you
are trying to achieve, i may be way off base.

: <tag> <#1> <#2>
:
: <tag> is a fixed list of words
: <#x> are small numbers <100
:
: My idea is to simply build a TokenFilter that will look for those... do I
: have it right ?
:
: Some side questions:
: what if I want to index <tag> <#1> <#2> as keywords ?
: what if I also want to give full text search on the select documents ?

-Hoss