lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dragan Jotanovic" <Dragan.Jotano...@DIOSPHERE.com>
Subject Sorting in lucene through Document boosting
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:31:41 GMT
Hi there.

I am trying to implement sorting in a large index (3 million documents).
My sort field is simple integer with values between 1 and 100.

With IndexSearcher's search(Query, Sort) everything works fine, but the
problem is resource consumption. I need to make it to use less memory
and CPU.

I thought of setting boost value for documents at index time, with the
value of my sort field, and then making custom Similarity class which
would disregard Lucene scoring and take in evaluation only this document
boost.

Did someone try this, is it even possible? What do you think will I gain
something with this, in terms of resource consumption?

Regards,

Dragan