lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc wording in IndexWriter.addIndexesNoOptimize()
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:11:01 GMT

IndexWriter.{set,get}MaxMergeDocs isn't deprecated, but it is a
convenience method for the corresponding calls on the MergePolicy.

Sorry, that javadoc is now false -- we decided that check (2nd point
in the javadoc) was overly pedantic so it was removed (this was
LUCENE-1254), but I forgot to fix that javadoc in 2.3.

This has already been fixed on the trunk so it'll be fixed in 2.4.

Sorry for the confusion,

Mike