lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequently updated fields
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:37:12 GMT

12 sep 2008 kl. 14.51 skrev Wojciech Strzałka:

> The most changing fields will be I think:
>  Status (read/unread):  in fact I'm affraid of this at most - any
>                         mail incoming to the system will need to be
> indexed at least twice

This is why I recommended you to use a filter created from your
database for use in queries that require read/unread clauses, rather
than reindexing your documents. As the read/unread flag is updated you
just update the filter and don't touch the index more than looking up
what document number a specific email is  represented by in the index.

Using a filter will also have the side effect of making your queries a
lot speedier compared to a TermQuery.

     karl